Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Soup Recipe
One of the best mushrooms and chicken creams I tasted, the touch of chicken in this amazing recipe is so tasty and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Quantity: 6 Servings 367 Calories Per Serving
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (very thinly sliced)
- 1 medium-sized onion (diced)
- 8 ounces boneless chicken thighs(preferably), cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper(measure quantity according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic(minced)
- 3 carrots(peeled and diced)
- 2 stalks celery(diced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup half and half, or more, as required by you (Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream).
- Cut all the vegetables –celery, onion and carrots in diced form and slice the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Prepare the half and half batter which is made by a fixed and equal ratio of milk and cream. In case it’s not available these can be used as substitutes: For a whole cup of half and half, 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream can be used, also 2/3 cup skim milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream can be used to replace it.
- Firstly, pour olive oil in a cooking pot or Dutch oven. The flame should be set to medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the cooking pot and sprinkle the Kosher salt and black pepper. Cook until it changes color to golden brown. It will take 2 to 3 minutes and then set it aside.
- Next, place the butter inside the same cooking pot in which the golden chicken thighs were prepared.
- On medium heat, melt the butter. Starting from minced garlic, add in all the vegetables; the onion, carrots and celery. Then add the mushrooms. Stir occasionally until the vegetables soften, it will take about 3 minutes.
- Add thyme in the pot and stir. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add flour and whisk the ingredients rapidly until sufficiently brown. Takes about 1 minute
- Toss in the bay leaf.
- Then pour in the chicken stock and add cooked chicken thighs after it. Whisk efficiently at intervals until the stock thickens. It will take about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the batter of half and half. Heat it completely for about 2 minutes. For the purpose of seasoning add some amount of salt and pepper as per taste.
- In case the soup is too thick add in some more half and half until the right thickness is acquired.
- Garnish with some rosemary and parsley.
- The Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Soup is ready to be served. Just the thing you need on a winter night to warm you up.
Hello everyone, I am the main writer for SIND Canada. I’ve been writing articles for more than 10 years and I like sharing my knowledge. I’m currently writing for many websites and newspapers. All my ideas come from my very active lifestyle, every day I ask myself hundreds of questions to doctors, specialists, and physicians. I always keep myself very informed to give you the best information. In all my years as a computer scientist made me become an incredible researcher. I believe that any information should be free, we want to know more every day because we learn every day. Most of our medical sources come from Canada.ca and government research. You can contact me on our forum or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.