Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Soup Recipe
One of the best mushrooms and chicken creams I tasted, the touch of chicken in this amazing recipe is so tasty and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Quantity: 6 Servings 367 Calories Per Serving
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (very thinly sliced)
- 1 medium-sized onion (diced)
- 8 ounces boneless chicken thighs(preferably), cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper(measure quantity according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic(minced)
- 3 carrots(peeled and diced)
- 2 stalks celery(diced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup half and half, or more, as required by you (Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream).
- Cut all the vegetables –celery, onion and carrots in diced form and slice the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Prepare the half and half batter which is made by a fixed and equal ratio of milk and cream. In case it’s not available these can be used as substitutes: For a whole cup of half and half, 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream can be used, also 2/3 cup skim milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream can be used to replace it.
- Firstly, pour olive oil in a cooking pot or Dutch oven. The flame should be set to medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the cooking pot and sprinkle the Kosher salt and black pepper. Cook until it changes color to golden brown. It will take 2 to 3 minutes and then set it aside.
- Next, place the butter inside the same cooking pot in which the golden chicken thighs were prepared.
- On medium heat, melt the butter. Starting from minced garlic, add in all the vegetables; the onion, carrots and celery. Then add the mushrooms. Stir occasionally until the vegetables soften, it will take about 3 minutes.
- Add thyme in the pot and stir. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add flour and whisk the ingredients rapidly until sufficiently brown. Takes about 1 minute
- Toss in the bay leaf.
- Then pour in the chicken stock and add cooked chicken thighs after it. Whisk efficiently at intervals until the stock thickens. It will take about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the batter of half and half. Heat it completely for about 2 minutes. For the purpose of seasoning add some amount of salt and pepper as per taste.
- In case the soup is too thick add in some more half and half until the right thickness is acquired.
- Garnish with some rosemary and parsley.
- The Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Soup is ready to be served. Just the thing you need on a winter night to warm you up.