Keto Sesame Chicken
The correct way to follow a keto diet isn’t about an-all meat diet. The major focus should be on fat consumption. A higher intake of protein can be a bad thing. However, it also doesn’t mean eliminating all sorts of vegetables.
Instead, focus your shift on cruciferous vegetables and left greens that are low in net cards and high in fibre. A healthy low-carb diet is a great way to reverse all five main symptoms of metabolic syndrome. Keto diets have proven beneficial in treating epilepsy and other brain conditions.
This Chinese-food inspired chicken required very little supervision but makes for a filling meal.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Quantity: 2 servings
520 calories per serving
- 3 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 egg
To make the sesame sauce:
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 6 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tsp vinegar
- 6 tsp brown sugar
- 6 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 cm cube of ginger
- 6 tsp soy sauce
- To make the batter, combine the egg with 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder.
- Whisk until it’s lump-free before adding chicken pieces to it. Coat the chicken pieces properly.
- Heat one tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan before adding the chicken pieces to it. Gently move and flip the chicken pieces for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Make sesame sauce by combining all the ingredients required to make it. Whisk until well combined.
- Once the pieces of chicken are completely cooked, add the sesame sauce to it and cook for another 5 minutes to infuse the flavour.
- Once the sauce warms up and begins to thicken, add cooked broccoli and sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Carbs: 4 g
Protein: 45 g
Fat: 36 g