Indian Chili: Keema Recipe
Keema or ‘mutton keema’ is quite popular in India since centuries. It is yet another dish out of the kitchens of the Royalty in North India. You can consume keema in a variety of ways and guess what, it tastes simply amazing no matter what variant you happen to be trying out!
Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 minutes Quantity: 8 servings 358 calories per serving
- Chopped Mint leaves
- Half tsp. of garam masala
- Half tsp. of jeera powder
- 1 tsp. of red chilli powder
- Chopped coriander leaves powder (one and a half tsp.)
- 3-4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2-3 chillies chopped (green)
- Garlic ginger paste (1 and a half tsp)
- Three onions (chopped)
- Five cardamom pods
- 1 tsp. of whole peppercorns
- Two tej patta
- 1 tsp. jeera
- Cooking oil
- Minced meat (two cups)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pan and proceed to add cardamoms, peppercorns, tej patta, cumin seed.
- Add and sauté onions (chopped) till they become brown.
- Add up tomato puree, green chillies, and ginger and garlic paste and mix things very well.
- Cook the mixture for five minutes. Once finished with doing this, mix/add salt, cumin powder, chilli powder, coriander powder.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes by keeping the flame low. Then, proceed to mix the meat and then sauté for a few minutes’ time.
- Add a bit of water and keep heating/cooking till it gets dried up.
- Once it is cooked and ready, add up the garam masala. Garnish with the help of coriander leaves.
- Your keema is now ready!