Instant Pot Dal Fry Traditional - Recipes from India
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Quantity: 6 Servings
281 calories per serving
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 3 tablespoons of clarified butter
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 3 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 dried red peppers
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tsp. 1 tsp garlic paste with ginger
- 2 green peppers, split
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves
- First in a pressure cooker 1 1/2 cup of lentils and 3 cup of water for 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
- Now in another pot, heat the butter and spray the mustard, cumin, dried red peppers and a few curry leaves.
- Add the onions followed by the garlic paste with ginger and 1 green pepper. Sauté everything well.
- Then add the turmeric, chili powder and coriander powder. Sauté over low heat.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté until it becomes soft and hot.
- Add the cooked dal (lentils) with 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix everything well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the dal becomes smooth and absorbs the flavor.
- Now add the Kashmiri red pepper powder, 2 tablespoons of coriander and 2 teaspoons of dry fenugreek leaves.
- Finally, serve the dal fry with hot cumin rice or butter rice.
Another Version of Dal Fry: