Havana-style Chocolate Alfajores Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 55 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Quantity: 24 Alfajores / Servings
190 calories per serving
- 175 grams Butter
- 175 grams Sugar
- 350 grams Flour
- 150 grams cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon Dulce de leche
- 1 orange zest
- 60 cc Water
- 1 egg
Dulce de leche pastry quantity needed.
300 grams of chocolate for coverage
- Beat the butter at room temperature together with the sugar, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Place the vanilla essence, the dulce de leche, the egg, the orange zest, and the water and beat everything until all the ingredients are integrated.
- In another bowl sift the cornstarch together with the flour and baking powder.
- Join the ingredients and wrap the dough with film (without kneading), let rest about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Tip to stretch them: place a shortening paper on the work surface, place the dough on top and place another shortening paper over this dough, and now with the help of the kneading stick we can stretch the dough without sticking it on the table.
- We will stretch it 4 millimetres thick and cut the discs with a dough cutter
- Arrange the dough disks in a baking dish with baking paper at the base, and take about 30 minutes to the refrigerator so that they are very cold, until the time of cooking. The colder the better. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake the lids for about 5 minutes. It is important not to spend the cooking time since the dough should be soft to achieve the desired effect.
- Melt the chocolate next to the butter for the topping.
- Piece together the alfajores: Once the tapas are cold, fill with dulce de leche and bathe them in chocolate, on a metal rack.
- For the chocolate bath, you can also brush both sides and sides. Let it cool and it`s ready!