Capsicum and Eggplant Empanadas Recipe
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Quantity: 12 Servings
176 calories per serving
- 150 grams of fresh butter (chopped preferred)
- One and a half tablespoon of fresh milk
- Two egg yolks, (prefer well beaten)
- Half a cup of Parmesan (grated preferred)
- 100 grams of rocket, (chop them up in a rough fashion)
- 100 mL of cream (thickened preferred)
- 300 grams of mozzarella cheese (again grated is the best available option)
- One teaspoon of thyme
- One teaspoon of oregano (dried preferred)
- Half a cup of passata
- One red coloured capsicum
- One fresh small sized onion (chopped thinly)
- Two tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- One eggplant that is to be cut in two-centimetre slices
- In order to make the dough, get some flour and a teaspoon of iodine rich salt in a large glass bowl and create a well-shaped feature in the centre.
- Then whisk 60 mL of fresh water along with milk and egg yolks and pour the same into the well that you created in the previous step till the mixture forms a dry and crumbly dough.
- Rub the dough in the butter and then knead it in the glass bowl till it becomes firm in its feel.
- Then shape it into a ball and encapsulate it in a plastic wrapper and keep it in a refrigerator for about half an hour
- Pat the eggplant with a clean paper towel.
- Heat about one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium intensity flame.
- Then proceed to add the eggplant, capsicum and the onion and keep cooking for about fifteen more minutes or at least they get softened.
- Reduce the flame intensity to about low and then add the passata in addition to the herbs.
- Cooking for about a minute or two is necessary so that the veggies get coated in the tasty passata.
- Season and mix mozzarella cheese and cream in a clean glass bowl.
Your dish is ready to be enjoyed!