Breakfast Burrito Recipe - Restaurant Style
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cooking: 17 Minutes
Servings: 8 Burritos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 8 eggs
- 12 ounces (2 cups) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 11 ounces (1 package) flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas)
- 4.5 ounces (1 tin) chopped green chilis
- 6 wholly cooked breakfast sausage links, to be cut in 1/4-inch pieces
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high heat, using a 12-inch nonstick skillet. Add your frozen hash brown potatoes in even layers and press down lightly.
Cook the potatoes for 7 minutes without moving. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and turn. Cook it for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned on the two sides and hot all through. Move to medium bowl; cover with foil to remain warm. Wipe the skillet out.
Beat the green chilis, eggs, pepper, and salt in a big bowl until well blended. Cook the sausage for 2 to 3 minutes in the same skillet over medium-high heat, stirring it repeatedly until browned. Stir in the egg mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring intermittently, until scrambled.
Assemble burritos, spoon line the hash browns down the center of each tortilla, making sure you top each of them with egg and cheese mixture.
Roll each tortilla up tightly to secure filling.
Your breakfast burritos for eight servings are ready. You can serve them right away, or freeze.