You must know that, if you want to lose weight and then maintain a healthy weight, you have to be vigilant about what you eat. To lose weight, you have to keep in mind that physical movement is necessary along with a good diet. Then, there are other activities that you must engage in, like Pranayama, relaxation, and meditation. Yoga is, in fact, one of the best ways you can lose weight. If you happen to join the yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, you will be able to learn about the above and more.
Yoga can have a tremendous effect on your physical as well as your mental state. It firstly increases your mindfulness, allowing you to be more aware of what you are engaging in. Yoga also offers a huge number of benefits like an increase in flexibility, increased respiration capacity, improved energy and metabolism, increased muscle tone, and better cardiovascular health. You can also reduce your weight with regular yoga practice. Today, you are going to learn about a few yoga poses that are extremely beneficial for weight loss.
You can try out the yoga poses, without much discomfort at any time. It is also very important that you learn the yoga poses from trained experts. When you join the yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, you gain a lot of knowledge on the various aspects of the poses or asanas. Everybody is different, and so are their needs. When you join a good school, to learn yoga, you get the best advantages, in the way of personal recommendations.
It is one of the best asanas, which you can do today anywhere. It helps to strengthen the core. It looks very simple, but the benefits are huge. It is also an arm balancing pose, in one manner, although you get the support of the feet as well. This asana or pose tends to strengthen the arms, core abdomen, and spine. You can also practice this pose, as one of the twelve poses in Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskara. This pose helps in toning all the core muscles of the body. That also includes the abdomen, chest, and the lower back. Moreover, your wrist power will also increase manifold. When you practice this pose a number of times, your stamina also gets enhanced. You can practice this pose, to get all the benefits of inch loss.
- To do this, you must sit in Vajrasana.
- Then, you have to stretch your arms in front and walk them to get into the plank pose. The hands should be below the shoulders.
- Straighten your legs, and keep them parallel to the floor, with the toes pointing downwards.
- Exhale and bend the elbows, until the shoulders reach the same level as the elbows.
- Again exhale and get into the plank pose.
- Exhale again and relax.
Also called the Triangle pose, this is another standing pose, which has lots of benefits.
- You have to stand with your feet together initially, and then keep them a foot or two apart.
- Inhale raise both arms, and keep them parallel to the floor.
- Exhale slowly, and try to turn the torso to the left and fold from the waist downward. Bring the right hand down to the left ankle.
- The palm of the right hand is kept alongside the left ankle. The left arm is extended upwards.
- The knees will not be bent in any manner. You have to gaze upwards at the fingertips of the left hand.
- Holding this pose for some time will give you a lot of stretch.
- Slowly you can come back to the normal pose.
Exhalation is essential while coming back. This is good for fat loss from the abdomen and waist area as well.
Also called the Downward Facing Dog pose, this is an excellent asana for weight loss. This yoga pose will leave you energized and rejuvenated. It also lengthens the spine, while strengthening the chest muscles. It also gives a lot of strength to the arms, shoulders, and the chest. Moreover, it also helps to tone down the muscles. Your blood circulation also increases manifold.
- You can start this easily, in several starting positions. You can move into this pose from the tabletop pose, or from the standing pose.
- Your limbs form the base of the pose, where you get all the support.
- As you breathe out, you have to lift the hips more.
- The body looks like an inverted V.
- Press your hands into the ground, and widen the shoulder blades.
- The ears should touch the interior of the arms.
- You must hold this pose for some time, and then release, go back to the original starting pose, and then repeat.
Warrior one pose is the best pose, which are powerful standing postures that improve strength and flexibility. It also helps in losing weight.
1. You can start it in the Mountain Pose, with your feet hip-distance apart and your arms by your sides. Turn to the left side.
2. Exhale as you widen the distance between the feet, about 4 to 5 feet at least.
3. Turn your right foot outwards at an angle, so that your toes point toward the top of the mat. Turn your left foot inwards.
5. Align your front heel in line with the arch of your back foot while keeping your pelvis turned toward the front of the mat.
6. Press your weight through your left heel and then exhale as you bend your right knee above your right ankle.
7. Keep the thighs perpendicular to the ground and stretch your arms upwards.
9. You can keep your arms parallel to one another, or press your palms together.
10. Gently tilt your head backward and gaze up at your thumbs.
11. Hold the pose for a minute. To release, press your weight through your back heel and straighten your front leg. Bring the arms down. Turn to the left side and repeat for the same duration on the other side.
It is one of the Hatha Yoga asanas, which affect the fat and muscles of the body.
1. Enter the Plough Pose or Halasana with your back and shoulders on the floor.
2. From the Halasana, bend your elbows and bring your hands on your back with your fingertips facing upward. The hands should reach to the back.
3. Keep your elbows shoulder-width apart.
4. Lift your feet up off the floor toward the ceiling, either one at a time, or together, if the wcore muscles are strong enough.
5. Once you raise the legs, don’t turn your head to the side to look here and there, since you can injure your neck.
6. Move your hips toward the front and your feet toward the back of the room to straighten the body.
7. Stay in the pose for a few breath counts and come down, while bringing your feet back over your head.
8. Roll out from that slowly .
There are many other powerful poses that you can do for weight loss. They are Dhanurasana, Sarvangasana, Virabhadrasana, and Surya Namaskara, and so on. You can also engage in Pranayama, for weight loss. The best one is Kapalbhati. Know about it here.
Pranayama – A Part Of Yoga
You can do Kapalbhati, which is a very useful asana for weight loss. It is directly linked to your metabolism, gut health, and digestion. In this Pranayama, your main focus is on breathing and your stomach movements. The inhalation is more passive, whereas the exhalation is more active in this. You can learn about this pose in detail in the yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. So, now that you know how to lose that extra weight, start practicing yoga.
done please check all bullets added asanas