Calacatta is characterized by its sharp black or grey veining that lies on a milky white background. The famous white calacatta marble is the most preferred as it is an absolute classic that is always in trend.
The calacatta marble tiles have many significant features and provide a myriad of advantages. Now that we’ve established that, let’s talk about a few of these aspects and see how selecting such tiles might improve the appearance of your bathroom. Let’s just jump right in, shall we?
Features Of Calacatta Marble Tiles
- The soothing white background makes it a great choice for usage in bathroom walls, or bathing tubs.
- They have bold, thick, and unstructured veins that are fewer in number compared to other types of marble.
- The colour of veins in calacatta marble comes in a range of colours from grey to gold. However, the background is the standard milky white.
- Calacatta marble is produced in limited quantity, and only in the Carrara region of Italy. Hence, this marble type is well-controlled from the quarry, very rare, and quite expensive.
- Every calacatta tile has unique vein patterns. Asa result, they are highly suitable for spaces that require an unstructured look.
- These marble tiles come in various forms such as calacatta gold, calacatta extra, calacatta oro, calacatta borghin, and calacatta Michelangelo.
- The tiles can be used for a variety of applications that include bathroom tiles, kitchen walls, countertops, and floor tiles in homes and offices.
Advantages Of Calacatta Marble Tiles
Since calacatta marble tiles have a non-porous surface, they do not absorb water or any other liquids. Quartz calcatta marble comprises a quartz stone and resin. The resins form an unbreakable surface layer that serves as a barrier to prevent any liquid from seeping in.
- Highly Durable
Quartz calacatta marble comprises a good portion of Quartz which is known to be one of the toughest stones to exist in nature. Hence, you can be sure that your bathroom or kitchen flooring is going to be very durable and resistant to the harshness of everyday use. The calacatta tiles are resistant to shattering even when subjected to pressure or when a heavy object is suddenly dropped on top of them.
- Easy Maintenance
Since calacatta tiles have a sleek and smooth finish, they do not trap dirt or particulate matter that easily. Hence, cleaning agents simply glide over its surface and the tiles are easily cleaned by mere soap and water. So, just rub some soap, make lather, rinse and mop out the water. Stain-resistant marble tiles.
The non-porous nature of calacatta tiles confers upon them a natural resistance to the appearance of blotches and stains. Because of this, it is a good choice for the flooring and counters in kitchens as well as the walls and flooring in bathrooms. This is because these surfaces are frequently stained by things like tea, soap, oils, and other chemicals.
You can rest assured knowing that quartz calacatta marble tiles will resist even the toughest of stains such as nail polish stains, hair dye, etc. You will never have a hard time trying to scrub away those nasty and persistent stains with rubbing alcohol.
- Aesthetically Pleasing
Calacatta marble is one of the most popular flooring choices for good reason. It is instantly recognizable and luxurious due to its sharp veining and crisp look. Hence, it adds a very elegant look that will make your bathroom or kitchen look royal.
- Variety In Pattern
The two most popular calacatta marble tile colours are Calacatta Milan and Calacatta Vegle. The Calacatta Milan has a softer and cooler undertone. It has a white background, with thin and subtle veins.
- Value For Money
While calacatta marble is certainly not very affordable, it is a rare and luxurious tiling option that provides sheer quality and longevity. Coupled with low maintenance costs, it is one of those tiles that offer the best quality-to-price ratio.
Since calacatta tiles are highly durable, they will last you decades without the need for renovation. Hence, it is actually quite affordable in the long run.
So, here you have it. Now that you have gotten to know about the umpteen benefits of calacatta tiles, you are only a step away from making it a part of your home. Wait for no further and invest in calacatta marble today!