With the exception of a lucky few, we are all slaves to the dollar and making enough money to support a decent lifestyle can be challenging at best and almost impossible at worst. Aside from doing all the OT you can, there are a few ways that you can supplement your income online, which we outline in this short article.
- Online Casinos – Of course, not everyone wins at the online casino, but those who have a good system playing slot machines often come out ahead of the game. There are many games you can play in the online casino; blackjack, poker, baccarat and the roulette wheel are all available. Prior to registering as a player, you should carry out some online research to check that the casino operates legally and above-board.
- Language teaching – If you are a native speaker of English, you can teach online; search with Google for online language schools and, providing you pass an online English test, they will happily hire you and what’s more, they offer full training and support. You will probably be teaching Chinese kids and you may have to work unsocial hours to suit Asia; all you need is the desire to learn, a computer with webcam and a stable Internet connection. Rates of pay rise in accordance with experience and you can work as much or as little as you wish.
- E-commerce – Why not set up your own shopping cart website, selling things you think are in demand? There has never been a better time to get into online sales and what starts out as a part-time venture might one day be able to support you fully and you can quit your day job. First you need to decide on the products to sell, then write a good business plan that covers every aspect of the business and if all looks good, talk to a web designer and build your e-commerce site. Here are a few tips to help your business grow.
- Web content writing – If you have a flair for the written word, search online for ‘web content agencies near me’ and that should bring up a list and you can make a few enquiries. You will be writing blogs on many different topics, so expect to have to do some research (Google is all you need) and you have freedom and independence, so you can work when you have the time.
- Start a YouTube channel – Join the many thousands of YouTubers and create your own channel; it might take a while, but once you have reached 1000 subscribers, your channel is monetised and that means extra income. You will need to invest a little in tech gear and learn how to edit videos; YouTube offers free tutorials for people who want to set up a channel.
We could all do with more money and all of the above ideas can generate a supplementary income, although we wouldn’t recommend you give up your day job just yet.