Spicy Beef Burritos Recipe
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Quantity: 6 tortillas / Servings
718 calories per serving
- 1 Diced tomato
- 6 ounces sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounces) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 Diced onion
- 1 (8 ounces) container sour cream
- 1 (10 ounces) bag shredded lettuce
- 6 (10 inches) flour tortillas
- 1 (14 ounces) can refried beans
- 1 (1 ounce) package burrito seasoning
- 1-pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 Diced red bell pepper
- 1 Diced green bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounces) can be chopped green chili peppers
Step 1: Combine tomato, jalapeno peppers, green bell pepper, green chili peppers, hot sauce, onion, red bell pepper, onion, and cayenne pepper all together in a big bowl.
Step 2: Use a big skillet to cook beef over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring it to break up clumps. Draw off excess grease. Put your burrito seasoning and jalapeno pepper mixture. Cook covered, but be stirring intermittently, until flavors mix. This will take about 10 minutes.
Step 3: Pour your refried beans inside a saucepan under medium-low heat. Cook and stir until heated all through – about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Use your microwave to warm each tortilla for 15 to 20 seconds or until soft. Then, spread a layer of the refried beans over it. Share the beef mixture among tortillas, and top them with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and lettuce. Fold up in opposing edges of each tortilla, then roll up into a burrito.