Easy Roasted Squash Chicken - Curry Version
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Quantity: 6 Servings 433 calories per serving
- One cup of fresh cold water
- One teaspoon of salt
- One small or medium chicken
- One teaspoon of pepper
- Two teaspoon curry powder
- Two teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- One large onion (chopped)
- One butternut squash (medium sized which is to be cut into three-fourths-inch cubes)
- Fresh cilantro (Minced)
- One can of garbanzo beans and chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- One cup of chopped apricots (dried)
- A can of sodium-based chicken broth
- One cup of whole wheat (uncooked and couscous)
- Make sure to preheat the oven to about 425 degrees.
- Place onions and squash in a baking pan.
- Drizzle the same with around one tablespoon of vegetable oil along with curry powder, half a teaspoon of pepper and salt.
- Toss in the coat and keep roasting until twenty-five to thirty minutes.
- Put some fresh water in a small size saucepan and do make sure to bring the oil and water to a boil.
- Do not forget to keep stirring. After removing it, allow it to cool down so that the water gets completely absorbed. Then go ahead to fluff with a fork.
- After doing all this mix the broth half a cup of apricots and so bring them to a simmer.
- Add your chicken, squash mixture, chickpeas and the left pepper and salt.
- Heat the mixture thoroughly, while also stirring the same.
Your dish is ready to be served.
Our best kitchen accessories at unbeatable prices!