PastaFrola de Membrillo Recipe
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Quantity: 8 Servings
395 calories per serving
- 2 cups prepared flour
- 200 grams sugar
- 400 grams of quince jam
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of lemon zest
- Mix the sugar in the bowl with the butter.
- Then, add the eggs one by one and continue adding the flour, the vanilla essence and the lemon or orange zest gradually.
- Pour the mixture on a floured surface and knead until a soft dough is obtained.
- Let the dough mix rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough mix from the refrigerator and let it take natural temperature.
- Then, grease and sprinkle a mold with flour. Spread the dough with your fingers.
- Cut the quince jam into small pieces and crush it with a little hot water or sweet wine until it softens completely. In this step you can use a potato masher or heat it a bit to get the right texture.
- Add the quince on the basis of frola pasta dough that you have already prepared, spread it well everywhere and cover it with dough strips to decorate.
- Finally, bake the recipe for pasta frola with quince at an average temperature of 180 ° C for about 45 minutes. Remove, let it rest and it`s ready.
- Tips: When the pasta cools you can cover it with a few strokes of reduced marmalade with warm water. It will give more shine and a unique flavor.
- Decorate it by sprinkling a little glass sugar on top.