Traditional Rava Upma Recipe
Also called Uppumavu or Upeet, this Indian recipe is the best dish we ever tried. Hope that you will like the flavour of India directly in your plates.
Prep Time: 7 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Quantity: 12 Servings 338 Calories Per Serving
- 2 cup semolina or couscous
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil, ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 4 teaspoons of vegetable soup
- 4 tablespoons peanut
- Some curry leaf
- 2 small onion cut into small pieces
- 4 cups of water
- To create the best Rava Upma, you need to grill the semolina (couscous) in a frying pan until it becomes crispy. Make sure to not burn it otherwise it will not be good at all.
- When the semolina is cooked, allow it to cool for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- After that, put some oil in a frying pan then add the vegetable broth, mustard seeds and the cumin. Cook that mixture until it turn to yellow.
- Next step is to add some curry leaves with the sliced onions.
- Add the 4 cups of water and wait until it starts boiling, reduce the fire to medium after that.
- Simply add the semolina and keep stirring.
- Cover the frying pan and let it cook until all the water has been evaporated.
- After the water is out, remove from fire.
- Mix everything a last time, and let it sit until it is cool.
Hello everyone, I am the main writer for SIND Canada. I’ve been writing articles for more than 10 years and I like sharing my knowledge. I’m currently writing for many websites and newspaper. All my ideas come from my very active lifestyle, every day I ask myself hundreds of questions to doctors, specialist and physician. I always keep myself very informed to give you the best information. In all my years as computer scientist made me become an incredible researcher. I believe that any information should be free, we want to know more every day because we learn everyday. Most of our medical sources come from Canada.ca and government research. You can contact me on our forum or by email at: [email protected].