Traditional Rava Upma Recipe
Also called Uppumavu or Upeet, this Indian recipe is the best dish we ever tried. Hope that you will like the flavour of India directly in your plates.
Prep Time: 7 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Quantity: 12 Servings 338 Calories Per Serving [ratings]
- 2 cup semolina or couscous
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil, ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 4 teaspoons of vegetable soup
- 4 tablespoons peanut
- Some curry leaf
- 2 small onion cut into small pieces
- 4 cups of water
- To create the best Rava Upma, you need to grill the semolina (couscous) in a frying pan until it becomes crispy. Make sure to not burn it otherwise it will not be good at all.
- When the semolina is cooked, allow it to cool for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- After that, put some oil in a frying pan then add the vegetable broth, mustard seeds and the cumin. Cook that mixture until it turn to yellow.
- Next step is to add some curry leaves with the sliced onions.
- Add the 4 cups of water and wait until it starts boiling, reduce the fire to medium after that.
- Simply add the semolina and keep stirring.
- Cover the frying pan and let it cook until all the water has been evaporated.
- After the water is out, remove from fire.
- Mix everything a last time, and let it sit until it is cool.
Our best kitchen accessories at unbeatable prices!
Julia T. · 17 January 2020 at 4:38 pm
This Rava upma recipe is simply amazing! After trying it, i can’t stop eating it. I really hope to see more indian recipes like this one soon!
Puhi · 31 January 2020 at 10:31 pm
Delicious, I was missing a pear, so I put an apple for the 3rd and it was super good the same! It has become my boyfriend’s favorite soup! To do again!
Mohammed D · 31 January 2020 at 10:31 pm
Very good rava upma! Velvety as desired. Interesting the subtle little taste of pears. To redo
Sandra D. · 31 January 2020 at 10:31 pm
Delicious and very simple to make !!!
Elsa W. · 31 January 2020 at 10:32 pm
I’ve been doing it twice and it’s a success each time Easier to do Thank you for this great recipe
Marie · 6 February 2020 at 1:02 pm
I love this recipe of rava upma. The version with those spices are just amazing!! 5 stars for sure 😁
raku · 7 February 2020 at 3:10 am
This is the most delicious rava upma uppumava recipe that I tasted in my life. I really hope you make more indian recipes like this one. A big big 5/5 stars for you Ineedmedic.
djallel · 7 February 2020 at 3:39 am
Great indian recipe, I really recommend this recipe if you want to try one of the most popular indian breakfast. The kids at the table wanted more and more. It makes me happy.
gilles · 9 February 2020 at 10:58 pm
This upma recipe is soo good, im sharing it with my friends on facebook and pinterest!! Thanks ineedmedic.
Robert · 10 February 2020 at 10:38 pm
Ty for that recipe!
Nicole · 11 February 2020 at 6:03 pm
Simple but really good. I never knew that indian food could be so great like this! I will check your other indian recipes for sure.
Anne · 12 February 2020 at 12:44 pm
thanks for sharing this recipe
The Most Popular Indian Recipes - Tasty Food & Drinks - I Need Medic · 26 January 2020 at 3:51 pm
[…] Indian Recipe […]