Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Quantity: 4 Servings
487 calories per serving
- 4 x 150 g (5½ oz) beef porterhouse or rump steaks
- oil, for cooking
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 handful flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1handful coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Add vinegar, oil, herbs, cumin, garlic, chilli and salt in a food processor to make the chimichurri sauce.
- Make a smooth paste by blending everything nicely.
- Take half quantity of this sauce and pour it over the steaks. Depending upon the time available, the steak can be marinated for up to 4 hours.
- Once the steak is ready to cook, heat the barbecue grill.
- Lightly brush the steaks with oil and cook it on the grill on both sides. This should take around 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Depending on your preference, you can cook for more or less time too.
- Make sure to remove the steaks from the cooking grill and then cover as well.
- Keep it in a warm place for around 5 minutes.
- Slice the steaks as you like, we recommend cutting them thick.
- Now pour the remaining sauce on them and serve them with potato chips or as you like.
- These oven temperatures are for conventional
- Decrease the temperature by 20 degree Celsius if using convection.
- 1 teaspoon amounts to 5ml
- 1 tablespoon amounts to 20ml
- 1 cup amounts to 250ml.
- Take fresh herbs if not specified
- Vegetables have to be medium-sized and peeled if not specified
- Eggs have to be around 55-60 grams if not specified