Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Quantity: 4 Servings
487 calories per serving
- 4 x 150 g (5½ oz) beef porterhouse or rump steaks
- oil, for cooking
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 handful flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1handful coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Add vinegar, oil, herbs, cumin, garlic, chilli and salt in a food processor to make the chimichurri sauce.
- Make a smooth paste by blending everything nicely.
- Take half quantity of this sauce and pour it over the steaks. Depending upon the time available, the steak can be marinated for up to 4 hours.
- Once the steak is ready to cook, heat the barbecue grill.
- Lightly brush the steaks with oil and cook it on the grill on both sides. This should take around 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Depending on your preference, you can cook for more or less time too.
- Make sure to remove the steaks from the cooking grill and then cover as well.
- Keep it in a warm place for around 5 minutes.
- Slice the steaks as you like, we recommend cutting them thick.
- Now pour the remaining sauce on them and serve them with potato chips or as you like.
- These oven temperatures are for conventional
- Decrease the temperature by 20 degree Celsius if using convection.
- 1 teaspoon amounts to 5ml
- 1 tablespoon amounts to 20ml
- 1 cup amounts to 250ml.
- Take fresh herbs if not specified
- Vegetables have to be medium-sized and peeled if not specified
- Eggs have to be around 55-60 grams if not specified
Hello everyone, I am the main writer for SIND Canada. I’ve been writing articles for more than 10 years and I like sharing my knowledge. I’m currently writing for many websites and newspaper. All my ideas come from my very active lifestyle, every day I ask myself hundreds of questions to doctors, specialist and physician. I always keep myself very informed to give you the best information. In all my years as computer scientist made me become an incredible researcher. I believe that any information should be free, we want to know more every day because we learn everyday. Most of our medical sources come from Canada.ca and government research. You can contact me on our forum or by email at: [email protected].