Rava Upma with Peanuts and Cashews
This breakfast Rava Upma with peanuts and cashews is amazing! With one bite of this dish, you will fell in love with Indian food.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minute
Total time: 20 minutes
Quantity: 2 servings
485 calories per serving
- 1/2 cup Semolina.
- 1 Small Onion.
- 1.5 cups water.
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds.
- 3 tablespoon Peanuts.
- 1/2 teaspoon Urad Dal.
- 1/2 teaspoon Chana Dal.
- 10 Cashews.
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 2 Green Chilies, finely chopped.
- 1 Red Chili.
- A Sprig Curry Leaves.
- 3 tablespoon oil.
- 1 tablespoon Ghee.
- Salt to taste.
How to prepare it:
- On a low flame, dry and roast the semolina for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Put the oil in a pan and heat, then add the urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, and peanuts and saute to get light brown color.
- Add cashew nuts, green chilies, red chilies, and ginger, then fry the mixture until it has a brown color.
- Add curry leaves then fry for a few minutes.
- Add the onions and fry until they become translucent.
- Add water and salt to the mixture.
- Slowly add the roasted semolina and stir well to avoid any lumps.
- Cover the pan and cook the mixture over a medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix again and add the ghee then mix well until combined.
- Serve hot in breakfast.