Indian Tandoori Chicken Punjabi
A great chicken dish prepared with chicken and yogurt with spices. Directly from Punjab kitchen, this makes the perfect food for dinner.
Preparation: 12 hours
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 12 hours 15 minutes
Quantity: 6 servings
472 calories per serving
- 5 pounds of skinless chicken pieces
- 6 tablespoons tandoori masala
- A cup of yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Garnish: 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- Garnish: onion rings
How to prepare the Tandoori Chicken:
- Gather all the ingredients and start making shallow diagonal slashes within the chicken.
- Mix the tandoori masala with the yogurt, garlic paste, vegetable oil, and salt to make a smooth paste.
- Smear the paste over the chicken pieces and rub it well into the slashes that made earlier within the chicken.
- Put the pieces and marinade into a deep bowl and cover the chicken with it.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 to 18 hours.
- Heat the grill, put the chicken and quickly sealing in juices on each side, and permit to brown on both sides.
- When the chicken becomes browned, reduce heat and cover the grill.
- Cook the chicken until it’s tender, and be careful not overcook, or it will dry out.
- Sprinkle chaat masala, garnish with onion rings and serve piping hot.