Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Quantity: 8 Servings
657 calories per serving
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (cut them to 1″ cubes)
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large chopped capsicum
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 10 ounces drained diced tomatoes and green chili
- 4 ounces chopped green chili
- 1/2 cup heavy whipped cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Don’t forget that this is a one-pot recipe. Put your macaroni for cooking according to the cooking directions on it.
- Simultaneously, on medium-high flame place a large skillet and heat 1 tablespoon oil in it.
- Add chicken and 4-1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning to the heated oil.
- Stir it till the pink colour of the chicken fades away. Transfer the chicken to a bowl to keep it warm.
- In the same skillet add the 1 tablespoon of remaining oil.
- Toss onion and capsicum in it with 4-1/2 teaspoon of remaining fajita seasonings and sauté.
- Wait for 5-7 minutes before the veggies go crisp tender and add garlic.
- Cook for another minute before emptying the contents in another bowl.
- Take the same skillet again; add broth, green chilies, diced tomatoes, cream along with salt.
- Reduce the heat once it comes to a boil. Simmer it to thicken, uncovered. This shall take about 10 minutes.
- Add back the macaroni, chicken and vegetables to the skillet and give it a quick stir. Sprinkle cheese on the top for a ready to serve dishes.
Our best kitchen accessories at unbeatable prices!