Recipe of Locro de Argentino Soup
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Quantity: 4 Servings
313 calories per serving
- One fourth teaspoon of chili powder (or even cayenne pepper would do as well)
- One teaspoon of cumin seeds (grounded)
- One teaspoon of paprika
- Four fresh onions (thinly sliced preferred)
- Two hundred grams of pork steak leg (cut into small one-centimetre pieces)
- Five hundred grams of tinned beans
- Half a litre of chicken stock
- One teaspoon of oregano (dried)
- Cob Corn (One in number with its kernels removed)
- Three cloves garlic (make sure that you crush them)
- One small onion (thinly sliced)
- Two hundred and fifty grams of pumpkin (cut to one-centimetre pieces)
- One hundred grams of sausage (hot chorizo)
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Start heating up a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan while making use of medium to high flame strength
- Then go ahead with adding the chorizo and stir while cooking for around three to four minutes until it turns yellowish golden along with chorizo in turn starting to colour the oil.
- Add the garlic, onion and pumpkin and again cook for five more minutes till all the vegetables get well softened.
- Then add up all the spice mixture, oregano and corn and keep cooking for another one minute.
- Add the stock and heat so as to bring the mixture to a boil
- Reduce the flame intensity and then cook for fifteen more minutes until the pumpkin breaks down.
- Then with the help of a potato masher, mash up the butter beans (around fifty per cent) and add the same to the saucepan along with those that are remaining.
- Cover and cook for about five minutes more so that the pork gets cooked.
Your delicious dish is now ready to be consumed.
Hello everyone, I am the main writer for SIND Canada. I’ve been writing articles for more than 10 years and I like sharing my knowledge. I’m currently writing for many websites and newspaper. All my ideas come from my very active lifestyle, every day I ask myself hundreds of questions to doctors, specialist and physician. I always keep myself very informed to give you the best information. In all my years as computer scientist made me become an incredible researcher. I believe that any information should be free, we want to know more every day because we learn everyday. Most of our medical sources come from Canada.ca and government research. You can contact me on our forum or by email at: [email protected].