Spicy Laal Maas (Red Meat Curry Rajasthani)
Another great meat curry recipe directly from Rajasthan in India. Most of the time, it is made with mutton but any red meat will do it!
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minute
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
630 calories per serving
- 500 grams of lamb meat.
- 8 dry red chili.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds.
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- 4 tablespoons green coriander, finely chopped.
- 1 cup unsweetened yogurt.
- 4 onions sliced very thin.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Salt to taste.
How to prepare the spicy laal maas:
- Soak the red chilies and coriander seeds together in a bowl of water that just covered it.
- After 10 minutes, drain them and placed them into the food processor with turmeric powder and garlic paste.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to grind the mixture into a smooth paste and mix it with yogurt.
- Add the meat to the mixture and mix well, then keep it to marinate for 1 hour.
- Add the vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat and add the onion to fry it to a golden brown.
- Remove the onions from the oil and put on paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Put the most amount of the onions into the food processor, grind to a smooth paste, and Let some of the onions for garnish.
- Heat the oil that used to fry the union again, then add the onion paste and cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the meat and its marinade then cook until the oil starts to leave from the masala.
- Stir often and sprinkle a little water when the masala starts to burn, and season with salt to taste.
- After the meat is cooked, turn off the heat and sprinkle the garam masala over it, then cover immediately for 2 to 3 minutes.
- The dish garnished with fried onions and fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with Bajra Roti.
Check out our other Indian recipes!