Handi Paneer Recipe - Indian Food
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 20 Minute
Quantity: 2 servings
303 calories per serving
Ingredients Of Handi Paneer
- 200 gms paneer (plump fresh cheese prepared by curdling milk and then pressing)
- 2 gingers, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 stalks coriander leaves, roughly picked
- 4 tbsp refined oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 pinches black pepper powder, for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup curd, beaten
How to prepare Handi Paneer
- Pour some oil in a handi or cooking pot. Add in the sliced onions and set the flame to medium heat.
- When the onions decolorize and turn golden, reduce the flame heat to low. Add in the grated gingers at this stage.
- Mix in the garam masala powder, chilli powder and the turmeric powder at the same instance. Then rigorously mix the ingredients together.
- Finely chop the tomato into small pieces. Add them in the main dish as well – they will ooze out and liquidize the dish. Cook this liquidized sauce for 10 minutes more to dry it a bit.
- Next, thoroughly beat and whisk in the half cup of curd. Add some salt along with it. Now cook the dish until all the water is soaked up.
- Pour in about half a cup of water and cook until it begins to boil.
- Place the malai paneer into the steaming Handi or cooking pot and add stir. Pause for a minute and then add in the picked coriander leaves. Cook for a few minutes until all the water dries up and an oil glaze starts to show.
- Add black pepper for the final touch and remove the prepared dish from the heat.
- Place in a large serving bowl and sprinkle fresh coriander leaves over the aromatic Handi. Serve and let the traditional eastern masala spice up your taste buds.