Githeri Recipe Kenyan Style Maize and Beans
Githeri is one of the local delicious meals enjoyed by Kenyan communities. The preparation of this meal takes longer than cooking time but the ultimate delicacy is very sweat.
One of the most popular dishes in Kenya. This recipe will make you travel the world with all the special flavor and spices in it.
Preparation: 45 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes Quantity: 4 servings 394 calories per serving
- 4 boiled corn and 2 cups of kidney beans
- 2 carrots
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- Curry powder
- Two bulb onions
- 2 cups of water
- Green vegetables
Instructions to cook – step by step
- Put cooking in a deep pan and place it on fire.
- Sliced onions should be added and allowed to cook until the color turns golden brown.
- Tomatoes and garlic should be added at this stage and cooked for 3-5 minutes.
- A mixture of boiled corn and kidney beans is added to the pan.
- Stirring should be done continuously until the achieved paste in the pan mixes evenly with corn and beans.
- Add a cup of water plus curry powder and continue stirring.
- Put ginger and salt to taste.
- Place a cooking lid and allow the meal to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add fresh vegetables on top and allow them to simmer for about five minutes.
- Don’t cook thoroughly so that the fresh raw aroma is not destroyed.
- The meal is ready and can be served with avocado and a glass of water or juice.