Ginger Mint Raita Indian Flavor Yogurt
Preparation: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Total time: 8 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
103 calories per serving
Ingredients for Ginger Mint Raita
- 1 large or 2 medium-sized onions (chopped into bite sizes)
- 5 cups of fresh yogurt (chilled)
- Half tsp ground and roasted cumin (jeera)
- 2 small tomatoes (deseeded and cut into thick pieces)
- 3 green chilies (sliced open and seeds removed)
- 1 inch-sized ginger piece (peeled and cut)
- 2 pinches of salt or some more for seasoning
- 15-20 mint (pudina) leaves (picked)
How to prepare the Ginger Mint Raita
- Beat the curd or yogurt with salt until it evens out.
- Crush the ginger piece and mint leaves inside a jar with your hands. Add 2 tbsp of water and then filter it through a sieve while drizzling the juice over the yogurt. Press the ginger and mint tightly inside your fist to get the last few droplets of flavorful juice.
- Slice up the vegetables for this Raita and toss them in. Mix until the yogurt covers them evenly.
- For the final garnish, top it with a dash of cumin powder or 2-3 leaves of mint(pudina).
- The Ginger Mint Raita is ready to serve.
- If you are not a foodie, eating extra spicy food can upset your gut. For those occasional bouts of hunger when you just can’t say no to a friend or your wife, use a Ginger Mint Raita to assist with your digestion as it lightens up those spicy and heated flavors.
Most useful kitchen tools on the market…