Avocado Frittata with Mozzarella and Cotija Cheese
Looking for low-carb meal ideas? Look no further! You might be doing the keto diet for healing or weight loss or maybe because you’re feeling like you need a cleanse from starch, these delectable low-carb keto recipes are worthy of being included in your monthly meal plan.
It’ll leave you wanting for a few more servings!
Preparation: 5 minutes Cooking time: 12 minutes Total time: 17 minutes Quantity: 6 servings 233 calories per serving
- 1 large avocado, washed and sliced lengthwise
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 T milk
- 8 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 oz Cojita cheese, crumbled
- Beat the eggs with milk until the yolks and whites are combined.
- Place the oven rack in a manner that it’s 4” below the broiler before turning it on.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof pan over medium heat.
- Once the pan heats up, add eggs, all-purpose seasoning, black pepper and allow them to cook for 2 minutes or until they start cooking on the edges.
- Add green onion and mozzarella cheese and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the eggs have cooked halfway through.
- Place the avocado slices over the eggs before sprinkling Cojita cheese on top.
- Cover the pan with foil or a lid and allow to cook for 3 minutes or until the eggs are completely cooked and Cojita cheese begins to melt.
- Remove the lid, place the frittata below the broiler and cook for another 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the eggs have turned firm and the frittata turns brown.
- Serve immediately.
Notes: You can use tomatoes and ham with avocado to substitute the cheese.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Protein: 13 g
Sugar: 1 g
Fiber: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Unsaturated fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 11 g
Total fat: 18 g
Our keto recipes will end your hunt for low-carb recipes. All our recipes have healthy fat, a good amount of protein and fewer carbs so that they can easily fit into your keto lifestyle.
Did these keto recipes make sticking to your diet a breeze? Which was your favourite recipe and why? Tell us in the comments section below!
Author Bio: Shristi Patni
Shristi is a content writer and owner of F and B Recipes. She enjoys writing about Intuitive Counseling and Spiritual Mind Treatment. Formerly the Chief Content Officer at Raletta, she is currently working on her second cookbook.
Gravatar ID: email@example.com
Social Media Handles: