Dulce de leche Eton Mess Recipe - Banana Dessert
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Quantity: 6 Servings 589 calories per serving
- 40 g (½ cup) sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- 450 gjar dulce de leche (Spanish caramel made of sweetened condensed milk; if unavailable substitute with canned caramel)
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks.
- 4 bananas, thickly sliced
- 220 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk and take the egg white in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites and add one tablespoon of sugar in regular intervals to the bowl. Keep whisking the two together till it becomes a stiff froth and the sugar dissolves completely.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 120.
- Take an oven tray and put a baking paper over it. Spread a 3 cm thick layer of meringue over this and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 100 and bake it again for another 3 minutes. Make sure it is crisp and dry.
- Let the meringue cool down completely.
- Break the meringue into large pieces and place them in glasses. Keep a couple of them in each glass.
- Layer the glass with cream, bananas, dulce de leche, almonds and meringue alternately till you reach to its brim.
- Serve immediately and relish.
Another version of the recipe.
Hello everyone, I am the main writer for SIND Canada. I’ve been writing articles for more than 10 years and I like sharing my knowledge. I’m currently writing for many websites and newspaper. All my ideas come from my very active lifestyle, every day I ask myself hundreds of questions to doctors, specialist and physician. I always keep myself very informed to give you the best information. In all my years as computer scientist made me become an incredible researcher. I believe that any information should be free, we want to know more every day because we learn everyday. Most of our medical sources come from Canada.ca and government research. You can contact me on our forum or by email at: [email protected].