Recipe of Dal Fry - Spiced Indian Lentils - Cooking Tasty Soup
Lentils or Dals are a staple diet of many of the Indian households. This dish can be made with a variety of lentils like toor, chana, moong or a mixture of such lentils. You can consume it with plain rice or a flat roti (Indian bread).
- Two cups of water
- one cup of lentils or dal
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Half teaspoon of fenugreek leaves or Kasuri methi
- Some garam masala
- chili powder
- Turmeric powder
- One large sized tomato
- One teaspoon garlic paste
- Finely chopped onion
- Green Chilies
- Red chili
- Half teaspoon of mustard
- One teaspoon jeera or cumin seeds
- One teaspoon butter or ghee
- Wash your lentil (dal) for a few times until it becomes free from dust and other impurities
- Add pure and fresh water to the pressure cooker
Cook on a medium gas burner for two whistles. Add more water as needed and cook until it becomes soft.
- Heat the cooking pan with some amount of vegetable oil. Proceed to add mustard, red chili and cumin seeds.
- Next up do add some green chilies and onions. Cook on a medium gas burner till the onions turn to brownish yellow.
- Add garlic paste and fry the mixture till the smell is done with
- After doing so, add some tomatoes and salt as per requirement. Cook further till tomatoes become soft
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala and red chili powder.
- Cook for an additional two minutes
- add both the cooked as well as the mashed lentils and if required add some amount of water
- Heat till the mixture bubbles
- After doing so for five minutes, your dal fry is ready to be served.
Make sure to give your review about this amazing soup recipe!
240 calories per serving.
Hello everyone, I am the main writer for SIND Canada. I’ve been writing articles for more than 10 years and I like sharing my knowledge. I’m currently writing for many websites and newspaper. All my ideas come from my very active lifestyle, every day I ask myself hundreds of questions to doctors, specialist and physician. I always keep myself very informed to give you the best information. In all my years as computer scientist made me become an incredible researcher. I believe that any information should be free, we want to know more every day because we learn everyday. Most of our medical sources come from Canada.ca and government research. You can contact me on our forum or by email at: [email protected].