Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Quantity: 5 Crepes / Servings
510 calories per serving
- Softened butter
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml salt)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unbleached wide-ranging flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- Sour cream, to give taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated plain or yellow cheddar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml store-purchased salsa
- The meat of 2 spicy or mild Italian sausages
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until the batter is smooth and put it aside when done.
- Cook four to five crepes, one at a time with roughly 1/3 cup (75 ml) of batter each, in a 23-cm (9-inch) non-stick skillet evenly brushed with butter, until golden brown on each side. Stack the crepes on a plate and keep aside.
- Brown the onion in half of the oil in a saucepan. Put the sausage meat and sauté even as you are crumbling with a wooden spoon until golden brown. Put the salsa and cook for the next 3 minutes or until the juices have disappeared.
- Spread the sausage combination in the center of the crepes end-to-end. Make use of the cheese in order to sprinkle, then make sure that you fold both the sides of the crepes towards the near center that is above the filling.
- Brown the pancakes on both sides, two at a time, in the remaining oil, using a non-stick skillet.