Badami Murgh Korma (Indian Chicken Korma)
This tender chicken recipe comes directly from the northern part of India. It’s cooked with amazing ingredients that make it taste really good.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Quantity: 6 servings
515 calories per serving
- 2 pounds of skinless chicken thighs
- 6 tablespoons tandoori masala
- A cup of unsweetened yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 6 cloves
- 10 peppercorns
- Cinnamon stick
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 2 pieces of mace
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh green coriander, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely ground almond meal
How to prepare the Indian chicken Korma:
- Put the chicken, turmeric powder, yogurt, and salt into a large mixing powder.
- Mix and coat well all the chicken pieces and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan and then add the onions and fry it until become pale golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger pastes and fry the mixture for 1 minute.
- Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom pods, and mace, then fry for 1 minute until spices are darker in color.
- Add cumin, red chili, nutmeg, and coriander, then fry the mixture until the oil separates from the masala.
- If it is necessary, sprinkle in a little water to prevent burning.
- After that, add the chicken pieces and the marinade and almond meal, then stir well to have a thick gravy.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Garnish the dish with chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with Indian bread or rice.