Murgh Makhani Recipe - Tasty Indian Butter Chicken
One of my favorite version of butter chicken, made in India. It’s made with yogurt, spices, and chicken, so tasty and delicious!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
492 calories per serving
- 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon tandoori masala powder.
- ½ onion, chopped.
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil.
- 1 piece of fresh ginger.
- 1 tablespoon clove garlic.
- 2 tablespoons water.
- 2 teaspoons garam masala.
- ¼ teaspoon Indian chili powder.
- 2 tablespoon butter.
- 1 cup tomato sauce.
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves.
- A pinch of salt.
How to prepare the Murgh Makhani:
- In a large bowl, stir the yogurt with tandoori masala until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces, add it and toss to coat evenly.
- Marinate it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat 1-teaspoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and put the chicken and cook it until lightly brown on all sides, then set aside.
- Fry the onion in 2-teaspoons of oil.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and Indian chili powder over the mixture and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the mix.
- Reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Add fenugreek leaves, the butter, and salt to the mixture.
- Simmer the mixture uncovered on a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Served with naan, Indian bread, or with basmati rice.
Check out our other Indian recipes!
Popular Indian recipes or delicious Rava Upma recipe.