Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
One of my versions of beef stew made with a slow cooker or instant pot. This healthy recipe will make everybody happy around the table.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Quantity: 6 servings
486 calories per serving
- 4 potatoes peeled and diced
- half small bunch parsley
- two tsp cornflour (optional)
- 900g beef diced into big chunks
- two beef stock cubes or stock pots
- two tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- two tbsp tomato purée
- half pack thyme
- two bay leaves
- three carrots, split into half and cut into chunks
- two tbsp rapeseed oil
- two celery sticks, finely chopped, chopped
- one onion, finely chopped
- Take a pan and put it on low heat. Add one tablespoon oil to it.
- To this add onions and celery and fry them till they soften.
- Add carrots, potatoes, thyme, and bay to the pan. Fry the for around two minutes before adding the tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce.
- Next, add six hundred ml of boiling water in this and stir properly.
- Transfer everything to a slow cooker.
- Crumble over the stock cubes and also add the stockpots. Stir the ingredients and add pepper to it.
- Salt is not added because of the possibility of the stock being salty already.
- Wipe clean the frying pan and put in the remaining oil. Fry beef in this till it well cooked and becomes brown.
- Transfer this into the slow cooker. If cooking on slow heat, cook it for eight to ten hours. Cook for four hours if you choose to cook on high heat.
- If you prefer a thickened soup, take the cornstarch and mix it with a splash of cold water. Form a paste out of it.
- Take two tablespoons of the soup from the slow cooker and add it to the corn starch paste.
- Add the mix back to the slow cooker and cook for another sweet thirty minutes
- Toss in the parsley and pepper again according to your taste.
- Serve hot.