Pickle-Style Chicken Recipe (Achaari Murg)
A great recipe directly from the northern part of India. This Achaari Murg is rich in flavor and just a little bit spicy.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
302 calories per serving
- Skinless chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion seeds
- 2 large thinly sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 6 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- A cup of yogurt
- 1 lime juice
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to prepare the Achaari Murg:
- Mix the seeds of onions, cumin, fennel, fenugreeks, and mustard with turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt all together in a bowl.
- Take three teaspoons of the mixture to another bowl and mix it with the lime juice.
- Slit the green chilies and remove the seeds, then fill it with the lime juice and spice mixture and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and add the spice mixture and allow it to splutter.
- Add the onions and fry it until golden.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry it.
- Add the garlic and ginger pastes and fry for 1 minute.
- After whisking the yogurt, add it to the pan and stir well.
- Add the salt and stir well.
- Put the green stuffed chilies on the pan and cover it and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Serve hot with Indian flatbread like Parathas or Naans.