Accidents are unplanned events. Consequently, being in an accident can disrupt your personal and professional life, and people in bad car accidents may find themselves dealing with medical and legal issues.

In 2019, over 33,000 fatal car accidents claimed more than 36,000 lives. In addition to car accidents causing fatalities, millions of motor vehicle accidents (VMAs) each year cause severe injuries. If you’ve been in a severe MVA, you may need multiple professionals to help you deal with the repercussions of your accident. Let’s look at some of those professionals and how they can help you after a bad car accident.

Lawyers provide legal help

Bad car accidents produce serious injuries, and there are a few reasons you may need legal counsel after an accident. Suppose you need time off work to recover from your injuries but your employer fires you instead of approving your time off or won’t comply with the medical accommodations required when you return to work.

You may also need to hire a personal injury lawyer. These lawyers represent people injured in accidents or those harmed by medical malpractice or faulty products.

They’re familiar with personal injury case law, ensuring they’re familiar with legal precedents established by prior rulings and can use these rulings to strengthen your legal case. New clients qualify for a free consultation so you can ensure you’re comfortable with your attorney and confident in their ability to fight for fair compensation for your medical bills and other expenses stemming from your accident.

Chiropractors treat neuromuscular disorders. These medical professionals primarily use physical adjustments to improve the patient’s range of motion. Consult a Denver auto accident chiropractor to receive expert medical treatment from a licensed chiropractor. They’ll develop a treatment plan to address your injuries with neuromusculoskeletal therapy. Some chiropractors apply heat or cold as part of their patient treatments.

You may also need treatment from a physical therapist (PT). Physical therapists are licensed medical professionals with a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. These medical professionals treat patients with physical mobility issues or pain. They evaluate their patients and develop treatment plans designed to increase their range of motion and improve their balance. They also implement strategies to reduce or manage patient pain. Patients perform exercises and may also use assistive devices during their treatment.

Psychologists and psychiatrists provide mental health treatment

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is caused by traumatic events. While many associate PTSD with military personnel who’ve experienced trauma during combat, MVAs are the most common cause of PTSD cases. Following a bad car accident, you may suffer from PTSD symptoms such as insomnia, nightmares, headaches, agitation, and flashbacks. MVA survivors may also struggle with anxiety or depression.

Seeing a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist can be a crucial component of your recovery. Mental health professionals may use cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to help patients change their thought patterns and prevent flashbacks and other symptoms caused by PTSD. Your psychologist or psychiatrist may also prescribe medication or recommend additional therapeutic strategies to help you cope with the trauma stemming from your accident, such as getting a therapy dog.

A bad MVA can lead to legal, physical, and mental issues. You may need to turn to legal, medical, and mental health professionals to protect your rights and promote your recovery.

Categories: Health

Nicolas Desjardins

Hello everyone, I am the main writer for SIND Canada. I've been writing articles for more than 12 years and I like sharing my knowledge. I'm currently writing for many websites and newspapers. I always keep myself very informed to give you the best information. All my years as a computer scientist made me become an incredible researcher. You can contact me on our forum or by email at [email protected].