Roasted Beef Rump with Chimichurri
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 70 Minutes
Quantity: 10 Servings
392 calories per serving
- 200 mL of virgin olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper (well grinded)
- One teaspoon of salt
- Two tablespoons of red-wine (sherry) vinegar
- One-fourth cup of lemon juice
- Two red chillies
- Two French shallots (chopped preferred)
- Two garlic cloves (chopped preferred)
- Half a cup of mint leaves (chopped preferred)
- One cup of cilantro (coriander) leaves
- Two cups of parsley (Italian) leaves
- One teaspoon of black pepper
- One teaspoon of brown sugar
- Two teaspoon chilli powder (ancho)
- One tablespoon of sea salt flakes
- One tablespoon of sweet paprika
The Main Constituent
- Two kilogram of beef rump
- Lemon Juice
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- As for the spicy rub, mix up all the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Place the romped beef on a clean and hygienic surface.
- Then proceed to remove the fat using a knife by making use of the crosshatch pattern.
- You can cut deep but remember not to cut into the beef piece.
- Then take the spice rub and massage it deeply and all over the piece of meat.
- Then cover it up by making use of a clean plastic wrap and refrigerate for about two hours.
- As for the chimichurri, make sure that you mix these items and blend them together in a blender.
- While the blender is on, add the olive oil in a thin stream until it is completely mixed.
- Taste the mixture, and add or adjust the seasoning.
- Proceed to transferring the mixture to a small glass bowl, wrap the same with plastic and keep it in your refrigerator till required.
- Start heating up a barbecue (hooded) grill to a high heat level and grease the same with some oil.
- Then position the beef piece with keeping the fat side up.
- Cover the same and reduce the heat of the flame between low and medium.
- Then after it is cooked, transfer the beef to a clean platter and let it rest for about twenty-five minutes.
- Slices of the beef are ready to be served and devoured with sauce.