The best Locro Recipe from Argentina
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Quantity: 14 Servings
425 calories per serving
- 100 gr of pork roe
- 400 gr of pork legs
- 100 gr of salted bacon
- 1 kg of beef skirt or rib
- 3 red sausages
- 250 gr of pork breast
- 500 gr of white corn split
- 200 gr of aluvia beans
- 2 onions
- 3 scallions
- 3 leek
- 1 kg pumpkin
- chili pepper
- Sweet and spicy paprika
- Let the beans and corn soak 1 day before.
- Whiten the chick and the chopped leg 20 minutes in boiling water to degrease it. Cook the bacon cubes in a pot with oil for 5 minutes with the onions and the white part of the leek and the scallion onion.
- After 7 minutes, add the skin, the pork legs and the peeled red chorizo.
- Stir and cover with water until it boils.
- Then, add the beans and corn and cook for 60 to 90 minutes
- Then add the pork, the beef and squash cut into squares.
- Season with ground pepper, oregano, paprika, and cook for another 60 minutes.
- Serve and decorate with hot sauce and the green part of the scallion. For the hot sauce: in abundant olive oil, sauté onion and green with sweet and spicy paprika, and ground chili.