Dulce de leche Eton Mess Recipe - Banana Dessert
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Quantity: 6 Servings 589 calories per serving
- 40 g (½ cup) sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- 450 gjar dulce de leche (Spanish caramel made of sweetened condensed milk; if unavailable substitute with canned caramel)
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks.
- 4 bananas, thickly sliced
- 220 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk and take the egg white in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites and add one tablespoon of sugar in regular intervals to the bowl. Keep whisking the two together till it becomes a stiff froth and the sugar dissolves completely.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 120.
- Take an oven tray and put a baking paper over it. Spread a 3 cm thick layer of meringue over this and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 100 and bake it again for another 3 minutes. Make sure it is crisp and dry.
- Let the meringue cool down completely.
- Break the meringue into large pieces and place them in glasses. Keep a couple of them in each glass.
- Layer the glass with cream, bananas, dulce de leche, almonds and meringue alternately till you reach to its brim.
- Serve immediately and relish.
Another version of the recipe.