Coq Au Vin - Pressure Cooker Version
Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Quantity: 6 Servings 387 calories per serving
- One cup of dry red wine
- Five garlic cloves (minced preferred)
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste (chopped)
- One onion (medium and chopped)
- One pound of chicken thighs (prefer boneless)
- Three thickly sliced strips of bacon (use chopped ones)
- One-fourth teaspoon of pepper
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Two of the bay leaves
- Freshly thyme sprigs (four in number)
- A cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- Two cups of portobello mushrooms (sliced ones)
- Chopped medium carrots (four in number)
- Make sure that you set the sauté setting up on your pressure cooker. Make some adjustments for medium heating setting and add some amount of bacon.
- Cook the same while stirring until it becomes crispy in nature. Then go ahead and remove it with a spoon and drain on some towels (paper).
- Throw away the drippings, meanwhile reserving over a tablespoon in your pressure cooker. Ensure that your chicken becomes brown on both its sides.
- After that remove the same and set it aside.
- Proceed to add all the onions, garlic and tomato paste to the pressure cooker. Keep cooking and stirring for around four to five minutes.
- Add some wine and continue cooking for about a minute or two. Turn off your cooker.
- Add the chicken along with pepper, salt, bay leaves, thyme, broth, mushrooms, and carrots to the cooker.
- Lock the cooker lid and shut off the pressure valve.
- Cook on high amount of heat for about five minutes. Then simply release the pressure.
- Then remove the chicken and veggies to a platter.
- Again, make use of the sauté setting and keep cooking on low amount of heat for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Stir in the bacon.
Your chicken dish is ready to be served.
Our best kitchen accessories at unbeatable prices!