Chicken-Prosciutto Pinwheels in Wine Sauce Recipe
Whether they’re called pinwheels, wraps or roll-ups, these tasty, bite-sized treats are simply amazing! Chicken Prociutto Pinwheels in wine sauce recipe.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Quantity: 14 Servings
325 calories per serving
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves of 6 ounces each
- 1/2 cup cubed butter
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 2 lightly beaten large eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups Madeira wine
- Using a meat mallet, beat the chicken to a thickness of 1/4 inches.
- Top the beaten chicken with mozzarella and prosciutto.
- From the shorter side, roll the chicken up, and secure the roll using a toothpick.
- Take two shallow bowls. Add eggs to one and bread crumbs to another.
- Dip the chicken roll first in eggs and then, in bread crumbs to coat it from all sides.
- Cut each roll in three pieces crosswise and place in a greased baking dish keeping the cut side down.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Take out the dish from the refrigerator and keep it uncovered outside till the oven heats.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and shallots to the butter and cook till tender. This shall take 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine to this and let it come to a boil.
- Put in chicken once the liquid is reduced to 1-1/2 cups.
- For the next 30-35 minutes, bake the chicken uncovered till the thermometer reads 165.
- Serve after removing the toothpicks.