Preparation: 3 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Quantity: 12 Pancakes / Servings
430 calories per serving
- 10 ml or 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 750 ml or 3 cups buckwheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 liters or 6 cups milk
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) applesauce
- 500 ml (2 cups) sharp grated cheddar cheese
- 675 g (1 1/2 lb. sausage meat
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh chives
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 8 slices of coarsely chopped bacon
The Buckwheat Pancakes
- To keep the toppings and pancakes warm, preheat the oven to 100 °C (200 °F).
- Whisk all of the ingredients altogether in a glass bowl until smooth. Stir the batter frequently while cooking the pancakes, to prevent the flour from settling at the base of the bowl.
- Cook the pancakes on both sides in a well-buttered 23-cm (9-inch) non-stick skillet, pouring 60 ml (1/4 cup) of batter for each. Use a serving plate to stack the pancakes and cover with aluminum foil to keep them warm.
- Use a big non-stick skillet to brown the bacon, mushrooms, and onions in half the oil, and add the chives. Season everything with pepper and salt and pepper and pour inside a serving bowl. Then cover the same in order to keep it warm.
- Use the same skillet to brown the sausage meat on medium heat with the leftover oil, using a fork to break the meat. Pour to a warm serving bowl.
- Put the molasses, applesauce, and cheese in different bowls.
- Place the toppings and pancakes at the center of the table for your guests to garnish their pancakes.